Our statement of faith is a summary of what we believe, the beliefs we consider to be essential for biblical Christianity. All our members joyfully affirm their commitment to these beliefs.
Statement of Faith
- The Bible is the inspired word of God.
- There is a Triune God – Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ, God’s Son, was conceived by the Holy Spirit in Mary while she was a virgin.
- Jesus Christ, God’s Son, died as an atoning sacrifice for the sin of the world, rose from the dead and ascended to heaven.
- All men are sinners having fallen short of the glory of God.
- Forgiveness of sin and salvation come by the grace of God through repentance and personal faith in Jesus Christ.
- All who receive Jesus Christ experience newness of life through the indwelling power of the Holy Spirit and become members of God’s family.
- After death there will be resurrection and judgement for the deeds of this life.
- Those who receive Jesus Christ will inherit eternal life and those who reject Him will receive eternal condemnation.
- Christians should reflect the glory of God in their life, share faith in their local community and promote the gospel throughout the world.
- Christians should anticipate the return of the Lord Jesus Christ in power and glory.
- All Christians should contribute to the life and work of the church.
- The practice of prayer and Bible study is essential for Christian growth and fruitfulness.