Following the most recent Government announcements we have decided to resume services on Sunday 19th July. However, we are conscious that church will be different from how it was prior to lockdown. As the situation presently stands we anticipate the following differences:
- Lower seating capacity for services due to social distancing.
- No singing during services to prevent spread of virus.
- No children’s facilities (children would be welcome to sit with family, but due to staffing and cleansing issues we could not provide Creche, Sunday School etc. at this time).
- No allowance for social gathering after services.
- Rigid adherence to all anti-virus procedures regarding cleansing and masks etc.
- Services will be completed within an hour.
Both Sunday services at 10.30am and 6.30pm will be identical in content. This will allow for two smaller groups of people to gather for the message and for prayer, as numbers will need to be regulated. We also intend to reserve some seating for any potential visitors.
For anyone with underlying health conditions or with any of the identifiable symptoms of Covid-19, we recognise that it is inadvisable to attempt to attend services.
Services will continue to be recorded and put on the Church website and Facebook page.
The Prayer Time is conducted each Tuesday at 8 pm using Zoom technology. It normally has an introductory devotional and then is free for any participant to engage in prayer. To access by internet, click on the following link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81920229424?pwd=ZjIwcWJpMzhKYS8rY01tU29sd0tkUT09 (ID: 819 2022 9424 Password: 047533). Alternatively, the meeting can be accessed by telephone on 0131 460 1196.
Additional brief 30-minute prayer times by Zoom are also available on Wednesday and Friday mornings at 10 am.
Further simplified instructions on how to access via Zoom are available on request.
Zoom Bible Studies will continue on Thursday evenings at 7 30pm focusing on the structure and message of the New Testament. Access details: Meeting ID: 819 2022 9424; Passcode: 047533; telephone contact: 0131 460 1196