to Allander Evangelical Church
Update on Church Situation
While the church and its activities have been restricted during the past year and more because of Covid regulations, we are pleased to announce that, DV, there is now a return to a ‘new normal’. Regular Sunday Services are now held in the church on Sundays at 10:30am and at 6:30pm, each following a separate ministry theme. In line with Government advice caution is being exercised, with face masks and sanitizing, etc; but singing is allowed and there is no longer a limit on numbers. Because of that remaining caution these services continue to be available on Zoom (or telephone link) for those who do not yet feel confident enough or able to attend in person. Other services and activities will resume in church as announced, beginning with the Prayer Meeting on Tuesday 24th August at 8 pm. It will also be available on Zoom until further notice.
We’re a church family in Milngavie, who by the grace of God and through the work of the Holy Spirit, are seeking to grow together in love and knowledge of Jesus Christ as well as reaching out to the local community with amazing good news of the Gospel.
- Proclaiming the good news that “God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have everlasting life”. John 3: 16.
- Practising Christian life through church activity, evangelism and community involvement.
Normally, the church has the following main worship activities:
- Sunday Morning at 10:30 am
- Sunday Evening at 6:30 pm
- Tuesday Prayer meeting at 8 pm
- Bible Study on Thursdays at 7 30pm
- Prayer times on Wednesdays and Fridays from 10 – 10 30am (currently held at 9 00 to 9 30am during the summer)
- Toddler Time on Tuesday mornings from 9:30 to 11:00am.
- #One2Seven weekly club for Primary-aged children each Wednesday from 6:30pm to 7:45pm.
- A Ladies’ Meeting each fortnight on Thursday afternoons from 2:00pm to 3:15pm starting in October.
- Rejuvenate – a meeting for older youth on the last Saturday of every month at 8 pm – (currently suspended)
- Drop-In Café for Tea / Coffee and fellowship on Wednesday mornings from 10:30am to 12:30pm.
The sermon forms the backbone of our worship on Sunday mornings. Sermons from both morning and evening services, are recorded each week and are available on our Home Page: